Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fun times

I realized this time around how much different my life is when Kurt is around. While not necessarily easier, it is definitely much less stressful and much more enjoyable. We've been keeping ourselves pretty busy with all sorts of things. I'm going to steal Mari's idea of using bullets, because I don't want to miss Lost tonight:

* Kurt took me out for sushi and a movie (yeah date night!)
* He also bought Micaela and I flowers and a chocolate cake
* Two days later he bought an even bigger chocolate cake since the first disappeared so fast
* Kurt, Micaela, Jon and I went to the Orange County Swap Meet where I bought the BFG :)
* Jon decided to finally start crawling
* Jon then got a double ear infection and strep throat, but doesn't really act any different
* Micaela decided that she likes playing video games with her dad
* Grad school is still going and a thesis proposal has been started (one sentence so far)
* Kurt decided the dining room needed a makeover and I agreed
* The entry-way got fixed up as well
* And today went to Target for the first time in forever (I secretly like shopping)

It's really nice doing things. When Kurt is gone I tend to stay home and just do the essentials, which isn't bad except that it makes me feel like my whole life is being spent in this house (not exactly the CA experience I want to remember). Here are a few pictures from throughout the week:





3 comments:

Misty said...

Yay for getting out of the house! Chris is a home-body and I'm often looking for reasons to go out, such as grocery shopping. He'll tell me I don't really need to go, but I'm always thinking, "Yea, I really do."

That's a great picture of Jon.

Georgia said...

I miss you guys even more now!!

Michelle A'etonu said...

i am totally being worked to death over here, this being a new unit and all....it sucks, but I feel it's getting better. I was wanting to ask you though...do you have any of the S1 stuff you used back at 1-58th? Trackers, suspense rosters and all??? It would really help!