Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Progress

I told Mari I was going to put up a post, so I'm going to update you on our garden. Kurt got the idea he wanted to turn our side yard into a vegetable garden so we rented a big rototiller and this is what happened:


It was a little messy at first and had a lot of grass mixed in, but after two rounds of seeds, I think we are making progress. I can't quite remember what we planted, and there was some mix-up between the first time we planted and the second, but I think this is mostly correct:



Only one beet plant survived the first round of planting, but there are a lot of seedlings now, they are just hard to see. I'm not sure why we planted beets though, they are one of the few foods that I hate. I'm not so sure the peppers and onions are going to show up, but that's okay because the pumpkin is going to take over their rows anyways :)





Here is a better view of the far side of the garden with squash, tomotoes and peppers (that we bought as plants instead of seeds). We planted cantelope and something else below the peppers, but they haven't sprouted yet.


I like geraniums (at least that's what I think they are) because they are hard to kill and they are pretty. Too bad they don't have much smell to them.




Marigolds I think, or maybe petunias. It's more fun when you don't know.



I was having a little trouble focusing the fancy camera that Kurt has (as you'll see in the next two pictures) but here are my little chive sprouts in one of our left-over plastic pots.




Micaela and her BFF Avalon. We're sad that Avalon is moving next week, she fits in pretty well.





And finally... Jon. I wanted to show you his new haircut (thanks Georgia!) that makes him look like a little boy instead of a baby, but it came out a little too fuzzy. I think he's watching Dora and Diego, those are his favorites these days.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Whoa, where did your baby go? You have KIDS now! :)

The garden looks great.