Saturday, October 27, 2012

This week in NY


What we've been up to this week...

Micaela has been busy with school and cross country.  I'm impressed that these middle schoolers go out and run around the track every afternoon and then once or twice a week race other schools running 1.5 miles each time.  She seems to like being part of a team, and what a good way to get in shape and be outside enjoying the fall weather.  She's in one of the gold uniforms sort of in the middle.


Every once and a while Jon stays home with Kurt.  And he usually says something cute like, "Dad, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  "I highly doubt it, but go ahead, what are you thinking"  "I think that we should make the biggest tent ever!"  And then this happens:



I've been doing lesson plans/preparation, some triathlon team assistance, and some Dirt Skit directing (I'll save the explanation for another blog).   And in the mean time I take pictures of pretty trees.  Two days after I took this picture all the leaves fell.  With the hurricane approaching I'm sure a few more will fall next week.


Kurt has been working a lot on the house and every room is looking really nice. This is probably our favorite place we've lived so far (just missing our W-burg neighbors).   One new addition was a small play place for Jon behind the couch in the living room so we can watch TV in peace while he plays.



And these are berries.  We read somewhere that they are supposedly "happy food" so we have them for breakfast.  We've also added ice cream to that list, it make us happy.  :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LIKE, LIKE, LIKE !!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you!

MOM