Saturday, June 16, 2007

Army Streamer Ceremony


Yeah!!!!! It's over!!!!!! I am very happy now. I can go back to surfing the internet and being bored at work :) The ceremonies went pretty well. We never rehearsed with the band, so for the first show, we learned that the band was louder than the narrator's microphone, so no one really heard the actual ceremony, oh well. There were also a few audiovisual glitches, but not much you can do about that. For the second show, we fixed all that and it went off flawlessly, but of course no VIPs attended that show. On Thursday we went to Fort Monroe for a third show, but I wasn't in charge of this one, the band was. It was very cool. Monroe is right on the water and they have a park with a gazebo overlooking the bay and that's where they had their show. You were supposed to bring your own chair, but I didn't know that, so Kurt, Micaela and I just walked around. Part of Fort Monroe is surrounded by an actual moat, built way back. I think like 30 years ago (just kidding). It is really neat though, I should have taken pictures. The picture up top is of the actual participants of the show. When we started making certificates for all of those involved the number got up to around 55... big production huh? Time for me to go to Hollywood.

No comments: