Saturday, August 4, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Mom, since I know you read this and I keep forgetting to call - Happy Anniversary! I always remember at 8am EST, but forget by the time it's a decent hour on the West Coast.

In anticipation of the same thing happening on Monday - Happy Birthday Bob! I'll call if I remember.


Not too much going on right now here. Oh, but look at the fantastic home-made sushi lunch I made Kurt:





Yeah right... that's way beyond my abilities. But Kurt did a fantastic job. He found a "how to make sushi" book on clearance at Barnes and Noble and was able to actually figure out the recipes/instructions (unlike me).


Onto other news... Kurt and I have spend the last week paying for a mistake that I made while he was gone. The mistake - not mowing the grass. He didn't cut it before he left, and then I went up to PA two weekends in a row, so by the time I had a free weekend it was really long. (Yes, I could have cut it during the week, but I had sitcoms to watch). Two days before Kurt came home I went out and tried to start the mower, but I couldn't do it. I swear it was broken, but it started for Kurt on the first try, so maybe it was just me. Anyways, it was so long at this point that Kurt had to had to take off the cover that throws the grass down toward the ground because it kept clogging. After that, there were so many grass shavings that we had to rake them into piles. There were about 18 piles that filled up 9 big black trashbags. It was a lot of work. Kurt told me it was just as bad as bailing hay. I think he's still a little upset that I was so lazy. I made up for it today by helping him edge and mulch the flowerbeds that run around the outside of the house. The fact that it was around 99 degrees didn't help, I'm exhausted. Well, Mari and Gabe just got here, so I have to go help move them in. That's what it seems like with the amount of stuff the drag along with the baby, but really I think it's just all Mari's shoes :)

No comments: