Monday, August 13, 2007

Update

It's been a while since my last blog. There are a few reasons for this - 1. visitors (Higerd's followed by Weaver parents) 2. Between visits not much happened 3. The things I want to write about involve pictures on Kurt's camera that I can't get because the battery died and the charger is MIA. But here is an attempt at what we have been up to:

The Higerd visit was very nice. I particularly enjoyed getting my nails done (thanks mom) with Mari and Micaela while the rest of the Higerds went sightseeing in Williamsburg. And getting rained on at Busch Garden's was also a little funny since that was the second time it had happened. Those are pretty much the hightlights from their visit.

Not much happened during the week, but on Friday, Micaela got invited to Kings Dominion with the neighbor's church group and I had the day off (training holiday) so Kurt and I actually got a day alone to... clean the house. We hadn't cleaned since Mari left and we knew Kurt's parents were on their way so we spent all day vacuuming, dusting, and mopping. It was lots of fun, really. My reward for being such a good help was a hot stone massage from Kurt (he got a box with stones and a little book from the clearance rack at B&N). He didn't read the book, but he did look at the pictures. He started by putting a stone on my back and then it would slide off. He put another on, and it slid off. He got annoyed and just dumped the whole box of stones on my back. It was funny, the stones were barely warm. The massage was a little underwhelming. Shellie, he needs some help.

On Saturday the house was pretty much clean except for the guest room. While cleaning that up I found the air compressor we were missing. For Micaela's birthday Bob got her this big inflatable yellow ball with windows that you get inside and just roll around in. It was a pain in the butt to blow up because it had about 12 different compartments, but when it was done the kids had a blast. The neighbors have three boys and the boy from across the street came over and they all fought for turns. I wish I could show you the pictures. There were doing somersaults and flipping all over. It was pretty cool. They were like little hamsters that you put in the ball and just let run all over. Just one note: make sure you clean all the dog poop from the yard before you let the kids roll the ball all over the place, that was a little gross. Next we need to find them a big hill and just push them down it and see how they do.

I will update with pictures when I can get them. That will have to be it for now. I have to go to bed so I can get up early and play golf tomorrow with Kurt and his dad. I love that no one will notice if I don't show up to work until noon. It's rough being your own boss at 25. :)

No comments: