Thursday, November 15, 2007

1000+ miles in 4 days

For someone who hates driving, I sure do a lot of it. Last weekend I drove from Williamsburg to State College on Saturday afternoon, Pittsburg on Sunday morning, back to State College and then on to Elysburg on Monday, and back to Williamsburg on Tuesday. It was a lot of driving, especially when Micaela and the dogs were in the car, but they were good travelers for the most part. It was an exhausting weekend, but I saw everyone and did everything I was supposed to, and I didn't even wreck the car. Kurt's steelers flyover was pretty cool. Once I get mom's camera I'll put some pictures up. Gram seemed to be in a good mood and told us all about her days as an ER nurse. I have to tell you, for an old lady, you'd be surprised with the stories she can come up with. She definitely doesn't have a weak stomach. I was able to clean up the Elysburg house before mom and dad showed up and despite all the ladybugs, it was pretty comfortable staying there. Now that I'm home, I'm sleeping a lot better, but still going full speed. With Kurt gone, my only real free time is the half hour after I put Micaela to bed before I fall asleep myself (which is why I'm blogging at 7:30am). Micaela and I are both very excited to have Grandma Ginny and Grandpa Dennis come visit today, maybe I'll even get a chance to sit down and watch TV tonight.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Superwoman!

:)

DougE said...

I'm just amazed you drove further than around the block without hitting something.

Mari said...

yeah, and we hit a deer less than 1/2 mile from our house. not fair.

Liz and Kurt said...

oh come on now, don't take credit away from the deer, we all know he was the one who hit you