Monday, November 26, 2007

A New Kid

Despite being a little concerned about Micaela missing a lot of school, we decided to let her go with Grandma and Grandpa down to Aunt Weezy's house for all of last week. When we got down there Grandma said she had been perfect the whole week (probably mostly true since she is usually good), but I witnessed a lot of attitude in those last few days. I was a little concerned that she had been spoiled, but when we got home on Sunday it was like we had a new kid. She woke up on Sunday and let the dogs out and fed them, got herself breakfast, let the dogs back inside but shut the gate so they couldn't go upstairs and wake us. Then she started cleaning the downstairs all on her own. It was great. And she never forgot her manners or gave us lip. As a reward we took her and a friend to see Enchanted, which was actually pretty funny. Could it possibly be a fluke? Nope, she was this weird new kid again today. She came home from school with a sore throat and a slight temperature and helped Kurt swiffer, her new favorite activity. And she didn't complain once about her homework. I guess we should send her out to see Grandma Ginny more often :)

Now on to pregnancy news since Mari was complaining about me neglecting Alfred(a). I need new pants. I'm not really that big, but the old ones just don't fit and the two that do are getting worn out. I have to wear my Class A uniform on Thursday and my Dress Blues on Sunday, wish me luck fitting into those. So far, that's been the only bad part. I never really got sick and I can eat and sleep more and exercise less without feeling guilty, it's great. Four months from now I'm going to read this and laugh, but for now I don't mind. Although it's been easy so far, don't expect a Duggal, Druggars (whatever their name is) type family from the Weavers, after one screaming baby and nights with no sleep we'll be done!

7 comments:

Misty said...

What, you don't want 17 kids? Or are they on number 18 now? That woman is a machine!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this weird new kid in your house sticks around for you both.

Dennis and Ginny said...

Hey ! I just convinced Micaela that the GOLDEN RULE really does work. If you (kid) are polite respectful and listen and do what is asked the FIRST time. Your parents will do the same. The listening and doing what the KID asks without making kid wait or blowing her off (within reason) is simple - just NOT easy. Movies are GREAT but regular hugs, thanks, and compliments on jobs well done are even better. Micaela is lucky to have GREAT parents and you are lucky to have an even GREATER kid.

Mari said...

you need to be more optimistic about alfred/a. if heshe is half as cute & wonderful as caroline you will want 17. and for the record, i have never had a sleepless night or screaming that lasted more than 45 minutes.

ReAnnon said...

Hey there:) I was wondering if you might send me your address. My email is reannonhigerd@gmail.com... Sounds like you all had a great Thanksgiving.

Mari said...

new. blog. now.

DougE said...

Yes, please, a new blog. Tell us all about Kurt's extensive medical training when it comes to curing the common 'upset stomach'...

Mari said...

yeah. talk about that. and PR. and alfred.