Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Crazy Week

So, I got out of planning Kurt's and my wedding by sneaking off to Iraq, but now it's coming back to bite me in the butt. Instead of planning a wedding for 50 people with a million magazines that tell you exactly what to do, I'm planning a Ball for 500 people with very little help. The event is costing around $20,000, so there's a lot on the line (thank goodness I wasn't the one who signed the contract). The ball is this Friday and we're scrambling to get all the last minute stuff done (like programs, seating charts, collecting $, coordinating with the band and entertainment, etc.). So I'm not really ignoring this blog, I'm just crazy busy. I actually worked until 6pm yesterday which is a first for me. I'll write more once this whole thing is over. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

DougE said...

Oh Noes! Liz had to work until 6 PM!!!!!! The Horror!!! The Horror!!!!

Just wait until you're asked to get a project out by Monday...on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving...when you're planning on visiting the family in Mammoth and you still live in O.C.

That was a fun Thanksgiving.

I'm sure your Ball will be fine. There will be problems that will come up, but just roll with it & it'll turn out great.

Doug

www.livingonjunkfood.com