Monday, April 14, 2008

NEW BLOG!!!!

I admit, two weeks is a bit long for me not to blog, but I can come up with lots of excuses - nothing to blog about, having too much fun on spring break, I was tired, etc. Weak, I know. So here's the latest... I'm pregnant. Yes, I know everyone is aware, but now I actually FEEL pregnant. Before now I felt like myself in a bigger pair of pants, but now I feel huge, tired, cranky, hungry and I get uncomfortable easily. It used to be really cute/exciting when Jonathan kicked but now I yell at him and tell him to get his feet away from my rib cage and to stop punching my bladder, very not cool. Still, no real complications. The doc tells me I'm healthy and I really have no big complaints. Only one month to go - yeah!

Moving on... I'm trying really hard to remember what I've done over the past two weeks. April 1st was pretty fun with Micaela, she just loved playing stupid April fools jokes, "I lost my breakfast!" or "there's a spider in your hair" type stuff. It was pretty cute. That next Thursday the Weavers came down to visit and take her back up to PA for Spring Break. During their visit we made our first trip to Baby's R Us (can you believe it's took us that long?) and Kurt's parents kindly bought us a new carseat, the one necessary item that we didn't have. They left on Saturday so that Kurt and I could enjoy some of the weekend together. So what did we do with our first day to ourselves - we cleaned the house from top to bottom. It took all of Sunday, but the house looked great, a good way to start the week. I had to work on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and half of Friday because the Aviation Ball that I'm in charge of planning is getting close and I had some work to do on it. My boss was out of town all last week though, so I took super long lunches and left early just about every day. On Wednesday I took off work and we spent the day with our neighbors who cooked a big breakfast and then we all went to see the Leatherheads matinee. I thought it was a good, it was worth $6 just to see George Clooney. We took a short break afterwards and then met up again in the evening for a round of minigolf. I thought I was kicking butt, but I ended up getting 3rd out of 5 of us. It was a fun day. Meanwhile, Micaela was having a great time in PA playing with her cousin Nicholas. I guess they were outside a lot, playing in the woods, on the tree swing, fishing, and all that other good PA stuff - next they'll have her hunting :) Life is now back to normal, except that Kurt is leaving tomorrow to spend the week up in PA flying followed by drill this weekend. After that, and after the Aviation Ball is over, it's just a matter of time until I'm done here and we get some time off to relax - we can't wait.

Oh yeah, last weekend we went and got a Costco membership and did a mom-size shop (about $500 in groceries, no kidding). I'm definitely a subscriber to www.livingonjunkfood.com. Did you know that you can buy M&Ms in 5 lb bags! And you should see the amounts of cheese they sell... I like cheese.

I don't have any gigantic Liz pictures, but I've received multiple requests, so I'll try to get one posted tomorrow. Adios!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Yes, I demand a giant Lizzy picture! Its not fair you're so far away and I'll never get to rub your belly (and probably get a smack to the head, but it would be worth it!).

I went to a Baby's R Us once looking for a baby shower gift. Frankly, so many pregnant women in one place scared me a little.

Good luck "relaxing"! If you lived closer, I'd be happy to take the kids, or even clean the house, to help out. I hate distance. :(