Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Day

I literally took today off. I fulfulled my one obligation - getting Micaela to and from gymnastics - and then I took the rest of the day for myself. I've spent the past few hours laying on my bed, reading a good book. About two hours into reading it dawned on me that I'm not going to have too many more weekends like this, so I might as well enjoy it. Instead of putting my reading aside, I decided to let Kurt handle all Micaela's questions and answer all the phone calls, and I kept reading for another two hours. Kurt was great, leaving me alone and keeping Micaela outside. The only reason I stopped was because our friends are making dinner and hosting poker night and it's almost time to go. We have it pretty good here. We're going to have to convince Doug and Bob to cook dinner and host poker nights next year, although I'm not quite sure that tofu and salad will be the same as the brats we had last night.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

You've obviously never had my tofu.

www.crazyorganic.com
Read it, Live it, Love it.

DougE said...

You obviously have never been to any of my Superbowl parties either.

Mari said...

You're obviously not going to be part of crazyorganic.com's blog team.

Liz and Kurt said...

Well, Kurt is open-minded, I think he'll give Trader Joe's and Shellie's crazy organic ideas a shot. But living organic completely, no way.

DougE said...

Perhaps you'd consider being a blogger on my site.

livingonjunkfood.com

Unknown said...

I call bullshit. You don't have a site. You've never even been to livingonjunkfood.com have you?

Unknown said...

Oh, almost forgot.

www.crazyorganic.com
Love it, Live it, Read it.

DougE said...

It's an available website.
I *could* get it.
There has to be balance in the universe.

I could also get

www.sanejunkfood.com

Unknown said...

I hate to break it to you but, livingonjunkfood.com is taken.

Unknown said...

Damnit, forgot again.

www.crazyorganic.com
Live it, Read it, Love it.

Liz and Kurt said...

Bob, you have too much time on your hands... but the gatorade I'm drinking just about came out my nose when I went to livingonjunkfood.com

Mari said...

If I had gatorade it would be coming out of my nose right now too.

DougE said...

I rest my case that Liz should be my guest blogger, as she was drinking junk food.

Liz and Kurt said...

I could guest blog on junkfood.com, but I'm much better suited to livingoncereal.com. Do you know that I still use the cereal bowls you got me for Christmas like 6 years ago, I love them!

Mari said...

I would probably delete that spam comment. It might have a virus. Did you get anything besides a car seat last night? Talk to you later. A hug.

Misty said...

But the spam was so friendly!

A hug.

:)

DougE said...

Liz,

as a rule, I'd delete any comments with hotlinks from people you dont know. that way the people you do know don't kill you for getting them infected with a virus.

Liz and Kurt said...

We've had inlaws in town for the past few days so I hadn't really been checking. No more spam here, hooray!

Mari said...

new blog. look how good your last one did in comment points.

DougE said...

NEW BLOG NOW!!!!
& read my new blog -
www.livingonjunkfood.com