Monday, March 17, 2008

A Great Weekend

I haven't been able to think of anything to blog about, but Amy just sent me some pictures that are definitely blog-worthy so I guess I will just tell you about our great weekend. Kurt was supposed to leave for PA early on Saturday, but thanks to some italian sausage, we ended up going to the emergency room on Friday night. My unit recently had a Soldier pass away from heart failure (very unexpected) so when Kurt complained about chest pain, we didn't hesitate going to the emergency room to get it checked out. It turned out that his heart was fine (most likely just heartburn from dinner), but when they x-rayed his lungs he learned that he never got over the bronchitis that he had three weeks ago and the doctor diagnosed him with walking pneumonia. Kurt had no idea such a thing existed, but then again, he didn't grow up in a daycare where you hear of every disease under the sun. So Kurt got to stay home and spend the weekend with us - yeah! Saturday was jam-packed with gymnastics, a easter-egg hunt at my work, and then a thorough house cleaning while Micaela was at a friends house. Saturday night my friend Katherine was in town visiting her fighter-pilot husband and they came over for dinner and some Wii sports. I wish I had a video camera to show you Kurt and Katherine boxing, it was hilarious. Sunday was also great - we slept in and cleaned up from dinner and then it was time for my baby shower thrown by two of my neighbors. I was worried that the two neighbors were going to be the only people there, but 4 other neighbors and my friend Amy who drove up from Fayetteville came to the party. It was very nice - great food and gifts. After the shower, Amy came over and played with Micaela who now has a new best-friend. Micaela wanted to play "spa" so Amy and I got food massages, back massages, and fantastic new hair-dos (not a bad game). Check out these awesome pictures:



Micaela may have a future in hairdressing when she grows up

I now know that I look super pregnant when I try to wear regular clothes
Bear and Spot didn't quite know what to think of Amy's dog Dixie, they kept a close eye on her

3 comments:

Misty said...

Yeah for great weekends, baby showers, and spa days! I hope Kurt is feeling better soon.

DougE said...

You mean he didn't try drinking a glass of vinegar to fix his stomach issues this time? Amazing!

Mari said...

what the heck are food massages? sounds messy. hah.