Monday, June 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Okay, just so you know, I had planned to spend this afternoon cleaning our garage which is a DISASTER (you can't even walk through it) but since I'm starting to get grief for not having an updated blog, I'm going to write this instead. The trip to PA went well actually. The car didn't shut down on us, it didn't catch fire, the wheels didn't fall off, the baby slept the whole way and so did the dogs, and no one got sick. Pretty amazing, huh? The camera couldn't quite capture how crammed in we were, but those are the dogs in the other seat:


I didn't really bother getting settled in at Kurt's parents house because Kurt was leaving right away for Fort Indiantown Gap (FITG) and had asked if I wanted to go down there with him and stay at the hotel there. I knew he really just wanted to show Jon off to all his friends, so I agreed. On the way there I stopped by Elysburg to see mom and dad and to pick up the Jeep. While I was there, Kurt did a fly-over of the house (his appearance halted the gun-show going on just down the street). This is a picture of farmer dad (he was even chewing on grass) outside waiting for Kurt to show up:

After Kurt's drill ended we went back to State College for a day and just hung out and Sharon stole Jon and took him around to meet all the other relatives. The two boys are cousins Nicolas and Kendall whose clothes Jon has inherited:


Kurt had to leave again for FITG on Tuesday and again asked if I wanted to come with him. I really didn't have anything to do at his parents house, so I asked them if they would watch Micaela and the dogs while Kurt and I had a mini-vacation. This time Kurt booked us a really nice room in what is called the Union Canal House. The downstairs is a restaurant and the upstairs has rooms and the attic had an apartment, which is what we rented. It was a little tricky going up the steep stairs with the car seat and diaper bad, but it was worth it for the full kitchen (which never caught fire) and jacuzzi tub. It was a really nice place to relax while Kurt was at work.


When Kurt wasn't flying, we walked around Hershey, went to eat, and went sightseeing (look at the street lamps). It actually smelt like chocolate at the place where I took these pictures, everywhere else smelt like cows:



Kurt's boss's wife works for Hershey, so anytime we wanted suggestions for what to do or where to eat, she hooked us up. This picture was taken at the Hershey Pantry where I had the best stuffed frenchtoast.

On our last day in Hershey we went to the Hershey Gardens which I've wanted to do for a while. We considered having our wedding there before we decided on having it in CA. It was really pretty but I didn't like the little flying bugs that live around the flowers.


This is a picture of Hershey Park and the Hershey factory taken from the Gardens:


After spending a few days in Hershey we went back to State College and Kurt and I played in a golf tournament with Larry and his twin brother Gary. It was nice to get out and get some exercise and I actually hit the ball really well for not having played in over 9 months. Sharon was nice enough to babysit for me and I did really good not calling to check on Jon every 5 minutes. On Sunday I was feeling ready to leave. Kurt's mom was really nice and gave us her room with the King bed in it and Jon had Micaela's old room, but it just wasn't home. I was always worried about him waking everyone so I just wasn't sleeping all that well. Don't worry mom and dad, I won't worry about him waking you. Because everyone was so good on the way up, I decided that I could handle taking the baby, Micaela, and the dogs on the way home. The trip went well, despite a potty stop in the middle of nowhere and getting stuck in D.C. traffic even though it was 3pm on a Sunday (while I was in traffic I was silently berating Kurt who was driving the Audi to the golf course to play with his dad). The last thing we did before leaving was take the first picture of all 4 of us. It took three tries to get a decent picture. I have to put the bad ones up, because I think they're funny. (the first one was taken from a bad angle, my legs aren't really that huge)


And finally, pictures of Jonathan:






3 comments:

DougE said...

So, when you say your garage is a DISASTER, does that mean Kurt set fire to it?

Misty said...

Maybe that would help... :)

Misty said...

BTW, I love all the pictures. I want to hold Jon!