Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Butt Sticks and Puff Balls

Micaela is growing up too fast. The other day I brought up a black portable dvd case from the garage that wasn't being used so that Micaela could have it for her dvd player. I forgot that I had once used it as a toiletry bag. I was in my room and she was in hers emptying it out when I hear "how many butt sticks does one person need!". In my head I was thinking "WHAT!?!?" So I walk over to her room and on the floor are a bunch of small tissue packs and a handful of tampons or "butt sticks". I have no idea where she got that from and I didn't want to ask because I didn't want to explain the right answer, so I just said "give me all that stuff and I'll throw it away". I took the easy way out, but in my head I was thinking "oh crap..."

Our neighbor Kris Van Deusen (who's wife also just had a baby) came over the other day and said he wanted to show a movie on the side of our house. Kurt and I said okay, and he brought over these big speakers, a projector, and all the necessary wiring. We had people over for rice and beans with porkchops and then we all went outside to watch a movie (BTW, it worked awesome). Kurt, Kris, and Todd picked out After the Sunset because no one but Kurt had seen it (and it had been a really long time for him). So the audience for the movie was Kurt, Todd and Kris, Me and Kris's wife, our neighbor Pastor Larry and his two sons (10 and 5) and Micaela. I asked Kurt if the movie was okay for kids, and he said it was PG-13. It was a little bit of a shock when in the opening credits we all got to see Salma Hayek wearing nothing but a bra bending over to show maximum cleavage. There were a lot of sexual innuendos in the beginning of the movie and it was totally uncomfortable. Kurt apologized to Pastor Larry and all the kids were on the trampoline going "ewww ewww". Thank goodness Larry got a phone call and stepped away before the sex scene! It's too bad his kids and Micaela were still watching!! It didn't show any body parts, but it didn't really need to. We told them to close their eyes, but I don't think they did. Way to go men - you picked a great family movie. Later that night Micaela told me "the part where he kissed her puff balls was gross - you know (and she points to her non-existent boobs)". Great.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

imdb.com use it or loose it.

Misty said...

You are certainly going to have your hands full, as if you don't already. Although I rather like the term "puff balls."

Mari said...

You already know how i feel about this. But it just affirms my feeling that there will be absolutely NO chance our girls will get the spend the night with older cousin micaela. they'll come back with knowledge about puff balls i don't want them ever to have.