Monday, October 18, 2010

Running

Things here in Iraq are slow these days. I think that's a good thing. But the result is that I have a little more time on my hands for extracurricular activities, of which there are only a few I like doing. Every night I talk to Kurt, take a shower, then either read my Sony E-reader or I watch one of the TV shows Doug copied for me. Sometimes on the weekends I do something special like go to the VBC Cigar Club night or go to an MWR concert. But more often than not I do something completely contrary to cigar smoking - running. I don't particularly like running, but it feels good when it's over and there is a group that I run with that makes it more fun. They do a lot of races over here (at no cost) that are kind of fun and I normally get free t-shirts out of the deal. One of the public affairs officers here took these pictures and sent them to me so I thought I'd share. These were after some 5K races. I haven't seen the pictures that were taken after the half-marathon, but if I can find them I'll post them too.



2 comments:

Dennis and Ginny said...

Loved the fact that I got to read your and Kurt's blogs on the same day. Hope your Halloween packages arrived and that there are enough pretzels to hold you till the next box is ready to mail

Misty said...

I wish I could make myself go run when I'm bored. :)

Miss you!