Friday, September 26, 2008

The Best Pizza Ever

Last night I went to school and Kurt was home watching Micaela and Jonathan. When it came time to make dinner, we really hadn't planned anything, so Kurt decided to order pizza. Since we don't know too many places out here he got online and searched for local pizza shops. He didn't really want Dominos or Pizza Hut, so he looked at this place called Beach Cities Pizza. All the reviews were great - quite a few people had said it was the best pizza they'd ever had but it was a little pricey. Kurt's one for quality, so he gave them a call and ordered a pepperoni pizza and asked them to recommend another pizza. They told him "the Doheny" was really popular so he added it to the list along with a six-pack of diet coke. Kurt didn't quite hear the guy give the price, it sounded like $62.17 but must have been $16.17. 45 minutes later the delivery man shows up at the door with a bill for, sure enough, $62.17. Two pizzas for $62!!!! Kurt and I are on a pretty tight budget, so a meal like that is kind of a big deal. When I called Kurt on my break, he started out the conversation with "I just did the stupidest thing ever." Of course I replied "worse than the kitchen catching on fire?" He said that was an accident, and this was just stupid, and then relayed the pizza story to me. I told him that for $62 it better be the BEST PIZZA EVER and he said it actually was. I got home and had a piece and it was good (I was eating it while watching the USC game, so I was in a pretty bad mood, or else I would say it was delicious). I still wouldn't have bought it for that price, but at least we got something good out of it.

4 comments:

Michelle A'etonu said...

$62 for pizza??? holy cow. It must have been good. wish I could've gotten a slice.

Misty said...

Geez! That's an expensive pizza! Were the pepperoni edged with gold?

Seriously, if you can take half a day (and half that time the dough is rising) to make up a batch or three of homemade pizzas, its really worth it. You can top it with everything you like, and its super easy. I'm all about having good food in the freezer for those late/lazy nights.

I want to come visit you. When I do, I'll enlist Micaela's help and stock your freezer!

Liz and Kurt said...

That sounds fun, I definitely need kitchen help! Michelle, do you want to come too - your food blog looks great, you could give me pointers (like how to boil water)!

DougE said...

I have to comment on Liz's cooking skills. Shelli, Liz's sister-in-law, was watching Micaela & Jon the other day. Shelli went to make dinner for Mikki, grilled cheese, and she said she loved it! So Shelli suggested that Liz make it for her & Mikki said that Liz DIDN'T KNOW how to make it. GRILLED CHEESE!!! IT'S BREAD & CHEESE! No wonder Liz ate cereal 24/7 thru college, she couldn't make anything else!