Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

I'm not really big on birthdays, but I'm all about finding excuses to eat junk food and spoil myself. One of my earliest memories is hiding under a picnic table at my 4th birthday and not wanting to come out even to open my presents (I was that shy). I also forget my age sometimes and have to calculate (well, if it's 2008 and I was born in 1981... oh wait, is it before or after my birthday?) I'm showing my blondness there, I know. It's a good thing I'm not into birthdays, because this is how this one went:

Woke up at 4am because Jon was fussing, brought him upstairs to feed him, and never really fell back asleep (should have left him downstairs)

Got Micaela ready, made her lunch and put the dogs out back before leaving to walk her to school.

Came home after a 30 minute walk and went to let the dogs in, but only Spot came in. I went looking for Bear, stepped in dog poop, and then realized he had dug a hole under the fence and gotten out.

Hectically, got my diaperbag and the baby to go look for him, then remembered to check my voicemail. Sure enough he went back to the same lady and she took him to the pound (after trying to return him).

The pound here doubles the fine for the second offense (thankfully only one dog got out). The pound is closed on Tuesdays, so I actually made two trips there before I was able to get Bear. My morning was shot, I didn't have time to eat breakfast, and was quite grumpy.

My day got a little better after I got home from class and Hannah (Mari's sister-in-law and our babysitter) had everything under control with Micaela in bed and the baby just falling asleep.

I improved the night even further by treating myself to a big glass of wine and some pretzels while watching mindless TV. Now I'm blogging and in approximately 15 minutes I'll be asleep, so good night!

4 comments:

Michelle A'etonu said...

Happy Birthday girlfriend! You had quite a day though. Thinking about putting an electric fence up now?

Misty said...

Aww, happy birthday Lizzy-poo! Sorry it wasn't very fun. Wine and pretzels though, that's my kind of meal!

You might have to go back to crating the dogs when you're gone again.

(Thanks for all the comments over on my blog. I replied.)

Liz and Kurt said...

That's just it - I put an electric fence up after the first time they got out, but I put it up in the front yard since that was where they were escaping from. Smart little pups decided to get out from the backyard this time. I'm just keeping them in the house from now on. I'll let tehm out back when I'm here. They're not chewing up stuff anymore so it's not too big of a deal.

Georgia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DINGDONG!!! Are you 30 yet?!...geez...sorry you had such a shitty day. but the good news is, your dogs really are trying to get back to VA and us! and I lost 3 pounds!! Happy birthday love ya!!