Saturday, October 20, 2007

Another week

Well, I didn't get a chance to blog much last week because it was actually pretty busy. Kurt finally came home and all of a sudden our social calendar was filled. He left today for Drill up in PA, so now it's back to watching TV. Funny how opposites attract. I realized that we are also opposites when it comes to cleaning. I was looking forward to Kurt coming home, in part because I was thinking that he would help out with cleaning the house while I was at work. I forgot that Kurt is very similar to Dad in that when he cleans, he'll tear one room apart and spend all day dusting that room and it will be spotless. Meanwhile, the dishes will still be in the sink and the laundry will be piling up. I guess I'm more like Mom, in that having a room look clean is good enough for me. You can get a lot more done that way. I'm glad we're different, but now Kurt is gone again and I still have a house to put back together. Thankfully the Weavers are in town. Sharon is a superstar when it comes to cooking, doing dishes, and laundry. Within 24 hours all of our laundry was washed and folded, I just have to put it away (something I'm not very good at). And at least I know Micaela will eat well until they leave on Monday (I'm getting there).

3 comments:

Mari said...

You mean your laundry is washed and folded and stacked on your bed and will stay there for a week until finally it all topples to the floor and you are back at step 1.

Dennis and Ginny said...

Give Sharon a BIG HUG for me. I love her for helping you like I would like to be close enough to ,do

DougE said...

Don't let Mari give you crap about the laundry, Liz! I've been using that same method for years & it hasn't bothered me. It just requires extreme stacking skills to keep the laundry from falling to the floor.