Thursday, October 11, 2007

Success!!!!!

On Monday we got home from a quick, but fun, trip to PA (see Mari's blog). On Tuesday, we needed to go grocery shopping (Micaela and I are still on our own). Being the genius that I am, I broke out my new "Don't Know How to Cook" cookbooks and starting skimming through looking for dinner ideas. My plan for yesterday was chicken enchiladas, but we couldn't find enchilada sauce, so chicken quesadillas had to do. I didn't flavor the chicken, so it was a little bland, but edible. Today I made something called Meat and Noodles and it was great! The steak cubes were supposed to be baked with cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix for 3 hours, but I wasn't waiting that long so I browned them in a pan first and then baked for 30 minutes. It turned out really yummy. I even got Micaela's stamp of approval (just don't tell her there were mushrooms and onions in the gravy, she hates those). For a veggie I steamed some broccoli and put cheese on top. Micaela didn't want to eat the broccoli, so she started gagging. This works on Kurt because he has some bad childhood memory involving brussels sprouts, but it didn't work on me. I told her that if she threw up the broccoli I was just going to make her some more. Funny how the rest didn't make her gag. I'm turning into Mom... :) For our drinks we had milk and for dessert we had pineapple and watermelon. Pretty good, huh? What I'm not telling you is that for lunch Micaela "didn't have time" for her healthy stuff and just ate her cheeze-its and fruit snacks. All in all, I say we came out even. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

1 comment:

Mari said...

I accidentaly bought 5 packs of enchilada sauce (I was in a hurry) so I will send some up with your garage door opener.