Thursday, October 25, 2007

Finding something edible

It's been an on and off week for me lately as far as cooking goes. Once Grandma Weaver's left-overs ran out, so did the good food. On Tuesday I decided to go with something that I knew Micaela would eat - Tuna Helper. She loves tuna fish, plain tuna fish, no mayo or dressing or anything- weird kid, huh? She liked the tuna helper (she actually gave me a high-five), but I wasn't up to making a vegetable, so that goes down in our unhealthy catergory. On Wednesday I realized I had a ton of vegetables and that I needed to make up for Tuesday's meal, so I consulted with Kurt and made homemade vegetable soup. I made it early and had some for lunch and it was decent, whether or not Micaela would agree was doubtful. As soon as I picked Micaela up from daycare I warned her - "tonight we are having chicken and also vegetable soup and you WILL eat all your soup and you WILL NOT complain, got it?" We got home and I heated everything up and she stirred the soup around for a little bit asking what everything was and then she took a pretty big spoonful. "Hmmm, not bad. High-five mom!" I actually got a high-five for vegetable soup, definitely a weird kid. It took a little pushing to get her to actually eat the whole bowl, but she did. Definitely healthy. Tonight we regressed. I dropped her off at 7am this morning (an hour before usual) and picked her up at 6pm (an hour after usual). It was just a long and boring (but busy) day. Having no energy I told her that we could go out to eat and of course she picked McDonalds. I can see why it's so addicting, and I'm not just talking about the fatty foods being addicting, but the convenience and the easy cleanup. I picked her up at 6 and we had eaten and cleaned up by 6:30 - a record seeing as how she is a very slow eater. Now it's 6:45 and I have to get on with the normal quick clean of the house and prep for tomorrow. Thank goodness Kurt is coming home tonight or else tomorrow we would be eating microwavable __________ (insert favorite food).

3 comments:

Mari said...

I laughed out loud at the high five part.

Mari said...

new blog.

Mari said...

meaning, you need a new blog.