Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Paint

I learned something this week - painting is hard. I thought people who painted their rooms but didn't fix the trim or make sure the edges were perfect were just lazy. In a way that's true, but I've learned that I'm one of those people (good thing Kurt's not). I had no idea that it took so much work to get a room looking right. We decided to cleanup and paint the stairway going to the upstairs on Monday and we're just finishing it today. The popcorn ceiling also needed painting, and we learned from that why painters always have paint all over their clothes, it's very messy. I meant to take a picture of us with paint on our faces and clothes, but I forgot. Today we are finishing that up, hanging pictures, running cable, and I'm determined to weed-whack the front yard. Hopefully that's not too ambitious.

For those of you wondering about the kids - Micaela is bored to death and can't wait for school to start. She likes playing with her cousin Isaac, but this week we've been too busy to have him over. Jonathan is growing and learning fast. It didn't take him long to learn how to roll over once he got the initial motion started. He's able to hold his head up 90 degrees while laying on his stomach and his legs are now capable of delivering a serious kick. He still loves being in the jumper. When we went to the doctors for his check-up she told us that he was off the growth chart for his height and at 100% for his weight (big surprise) but that he has an average size head. I don't know what that all means, but thought I'd share.


4 comments:

Misty said...

Home improvement is always hard work, even little jobs, but it sure is nice when its done! Glad to hear Jon doesn't have a big head. :)

Do you start school soon?

Mari said...

So you guys hung all those pictures just to take them down?

You're really strange.

Liz and Kurt said...

Misty, you and Chris are home improvement gurus. I'm impressed with your work. You're invited down to visit anytime (we'll put you to work).

Mari, what is &amp? I don't get it. And the holes in the wall were there after we painted, so we just put new nails in the same places. Made it easy (Kurt's idea).

Misty said...

I think I'll pass. So you can feel the sense of accomplishment all on your own, of course. :)

I think the & in Mari's signature is an ampersand (you know, the sign for "and") getting messed up in html.