Monday, October 27, 2008

Tag - Random Facts

This was actually really hard to do:

1. When I was little I collected a lot of things - porcelain dolls from around the world (the Franklin Mint kind), music boxes, seashells, foreign coins, stamps, and rocks. Go figure I later became a geology major.

2. I like airports, and not because I'm a pilot of sorts, I've always liked airports. My favorite one is the Chicago O'Hare airport because there is a moving walkway that goes underneath the runway to connect the terminals that has really cool neon lights above it.

3. I can touch my nose with my tongue (it's actually kind of gross).

4. In every one of my high school yearbooks there is a comic-strip type drawing where "the Evil Lizerd of Id" (aka me) dies. It's what Katie, Misty, Stef and I did to pass the time in boring classes - needless to say, I was/am still a geek.

5. I'm stealing this one from Mari, verbatim: I like to eat pretzels and ice cream together. Even using the pretzels to scoop up the ice cream. This stems from ice cream nights Grandparents Erdman when they lived next door to us. If I don't have them together, immediately after I'm done with the ice cream I get a pregnancy-style craving for pretzels.

6. I rode on a float in the Rose Parade in 1998. The president of the Lions Club chapter that is in charge of their float invited me and another Leo club president from Acton to be on the float. I think the Leo Club (a Jr. version of the Lions club) was a fairly new thing and he wanted to promote it. He was a very nice man. Unfortunately I got really sick the night before and didn't enjoy it quite as much as I should have. To make it worse, the theme was something with Huckleberry Finn and we had to wear overalls, a plaid shirt and no shoes and it was freezing!

Okay, to make Doug happy, the title of my next blog will be JINXED! Now I tag Misty and Michelle for weird facts :)

7 comments:

Mari said...

I think you are mistaken - it was ME who got sick the night before the Rose Parade. And ME who had to walk 2 miles to get to the parade route, puking in random trash cans along the way. Fun times.

Liz and Kurt said...

Oh, that's right. Yeah, you were really sick. You weren't really fun to have around.

Michelle A'etonu said...

i'm just now realizing you tagged me for random facts! I'll have to do some serious thinking now! miss ya lady and hope school's going well these days!

Mari said...

You have to think of a new title,

http://lizandkurt.blogspot.com/2007/05/jinxed.html

Jinxed is already taken, May of 2007.

Liz and Kurt said...

Ha! I forgot about that blog! Maybe double jinxed?

Misty said...

I just want to know why you're jinxed this time!

Michelle A'etonu said...

girl, you should see the comments your sis and Misty are posting about you on my random facts blog post! they're talking smack!!! ha ha!