Monday, November 10, 2008

Falling behind

Because of Veteran's Day and my teacher's busy schedules, I'm in the middle of a full week off of school. On my first day off I worked pretty hard cleaning the house and doing all the small things I never feel like doing. I was so proud of myself that I took Saturday and Sunday off to do nothing but relax - we bought a mini-van on Sat (whoo-hoo!) and went to Disneyland on Sun (the happiest place on earth!). My plan was to work on all my projects and papers Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to get caught up and hopefully a little ahead. Here is it, Monday afternoon and I'm just now sitting down at my computer (and I'm blogging rather than doing schoolwork). So much for getting ahead. It's tough to sit down and focus with both Micaela and the baby here (and sometimes Isaac and Chloe). Even if they are being good and not bothering me, it's still distracting knowing they are here and wondering if they are getting into trouble (is Micaela cutting up her curtains to make a doll's dress? Is the baby figuring out how to crawl out of his crib? etc.). Ugh. Maybe I'll ask the babysitter to come over tomorrow to entertain Micaela and watch the baby since I procrastinated all day today and will really need to buckle down tomorrow. Anyways, here are some of the pictures my mom took (disclaimer - she doesn't always announce when she's taking pictures, she likes it to be a surprise):

The new mini-van :)




I think Micaela saw a Hannah Montana episode where she got a star,
so Micaela wanted to pose like her

I like this picture, too bad Kurt wasn't there or else I could have made it our Christmas Card


Waiting for the High School Musical show to start

Getting on the train that goes around Disneyland

5 comments:

Misty said...

We went to a car show once with some friends, all of us unmarried and no kids at the time. We were looking at a mini van, talking about how many cup holders there were and how cool it actually was. Then the 4 of us looked at each, said a collective "Ummm..." and hightailed it out of there. :)

Now get to work!

Mari said...

It's still weird to see you holding a baby. Hah!

And I can't wait to come live vicariously through that minivan. I told Gabe about it and he assured me that when we get one, it will be "at least 6 years old with no fancy stuff!" Maybe we could merge he & Kurt...

Liz and Kurt said...

So there are 18 cup holders supposedly, I've found 16 of them so far. Very impressive.

Mari, I think if we merged Gabe's spending with Kurt's spending we'd have ourselves. You should just take over and give him no say in the matter, see how that goes :)

Michelle A'etonu said...

so much fun!!! love the new van. and it's okay...the schoolwork can always wait (at least that's my philosophy!)

ReAnnon said...

I love your new Minivan... I am hoping to live vicariously through Mari living vicariously through you. I am excited to get all the kiddos together again once Mari and the girls are here. Jude and Jon will be so fun to watch.