Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Preview

Yesterday I got a preview of what Jon is going to be like as a toddler. He is continually refining his large and fine motor skills and is now able to grasp just about anything and move it the way he wants to. Additionally, he is now an expert roller and can pretty much squirm where ever he wants to go. I like to feed him while I'm sitting in my dad's recliner watching TV, but sometimes Jon has different ideas. Yesterday he sat up, rolled over on my lap, reached over to the side table, grabbed the remote and threw it on the floor and then followed up by doing the same with his bottle, the telephone, and everything else that was on the side table. I would have stopped him, but this all happened quite quickly and I was caught off guard. Mari and my mom are always teasing me about how fun my kitchen is going to be for Jon to play in since I have all our pots and pans and snacks on open shelves just about toddler height. We may change our set-up after all...

This is for Mike the Pedrick - Jon is now old enough for the Steelers Dino that you got him and he loves watching it (too bad the song gets obnoxious after a minute or so). It's a little dark, but you'll get the idea of what the Dino does:


2 comments:

Mari said...

I seriously can't wait to see him!

Georgia said...

You need to get that boy on his feet!! If Willie gets a hold of him he's toast. Shouldn't he be walking already- seeing as he has 2 military parents and of course USC and Penn State parents? love you (8