Friday, November 14, 2008

New Tricks and No TV

Jon has mastered rolling for a while now, back to belly, belly to back, both sides, etc., and he's also quite good at spinning himself around in circles, but today he figured out a new trick - how to scoot forward. All it took was a toy that he really wanted too far out in front of him. But it wasn't any toy, he couldn't care less about all the expensive baby toys, he wants the all-in-one remote that works our entertainment system. I tried to trick him by giving him an old remote, but he knew the difference. Go figure.

My sister is always telling me that I need to censor what Micaela watches on TV. It started with us letting her watch Mean Girls (we thought it was kid friendly, it's definitely a TEEN OR OLDER movie). She's also accidentally watched a few other things that were a little too mature, but in general we stick to Disney or Nick. In the mornings I like to watch the news which is not all that kid friendly for someone who is actually old enough to understand things like murder, but it's usually boring enough that she goes into the kitchen to eat her breakfast. This week though she is grounded from watching any TV so she took a little more interest in my adult shows than normal. I've had to refrain from watching news (after the TODAY show did a segment on high-end prostitutes), sitcoms, the comedy channel, anything on E!, and sometimes even HGTV. I'm so sick of Sportscenter and can't wait until she is un-grounded so that she'll be occupied somewhere other than the living room where I want to watch my shows. Is that bad?

5 comments:

Michelle A'etonu said...

you're hilarious! i'd be feeling the same way though! post a video of Jon rolling around...I'd love to see it!

Misty said...

When Jon really gets going you'll be too busy running after him to care about your shows. :) He's a little problem solver.

Mari said...

Haha! Even Misty knows you're in for it!

DougE said...

Liz,

Good Eats. Entertaining, kid safe, and god knows you need to learn how to cook.

D

Liz and Kurt said...

I am growing fond of watching Good Eats, it is quite entertaining. Now I need to take the next step and try something that I watch... does Kris want to help me make cookies? I'm having a chocolate craving.