Friday, January 2, 2009

Fight On!

I could have put Merry Christmas or Happy New Year as the title, but the Rose bowl game was just so great! My favorite part was actually walking to the game behind the bands and watching the B-2 Stealth Bomber fly over, but it was nice that we won too :)

Christmas was great. In true Erdman fashion I would descibe it as organized chaos. For the past few years I've gone to Kurt's parent's house in PA with Micaela being the only child, so this year took a little adjusting but was really fun. It took ALL DAY for the kids to open their presents and mom, Shellie, and Kris did a great job of feeding everyone who came though.
New Years was just how I wanted it - early. We watched the daredevil truck and motorcycle guys do crazy stunts at midnight (EST), popped some noise makers outside, and I was in bed at 10pm. I'm definitely getting old.

The Rose Parade and Rose Bowl were awesome! I hadn't been to the parade in years so I was really excited and surprised by how easy it was to get there and see everything. The floats weren't quite as impressive as I thought they were when I was little, but it was cool none-the-less. Like I mentioned earlier the Rose Bowl was awesome. Kurt, Mari, Grant (Mari's brother-in-law) and I all got tickets to go. We left the parade early so that we would make it to the game in time to tailgate. We ended up having just enough time to park, grab some hot-dogs, watch the band, take some pictures, and then find our seats. I was in a section that had both SC and Penn State fans. I have to admit, Penn State has better fans than we do. They were energetic the entire game and seemed to have a lot more fun tailgating. But I got to cheer the most with a 38-24 win! Fight On!


This picture doesn't do the B-2 justice, it was HUGE!


Fight On Pete!

Taken at the parade




















1 comment:

Michelle A'etonu said...

my brother and I watched that game and I knew you'd be out there somewhere. Malu is happy they won too!