Friday, December 2, 2011

More Christmas Fun

It must be because I missed last Christmas, that I'm more excited thanever for the holidays.  I started Christmas shopping well before Black Friday and convinced Kurt to get a tree while we were in PA.  We've dug up all our decorations that have been boxed up for two years and tonight we're working on another project (see below).  I'm not very patient, so I'm going to have a glass of wine and watch Kurt and Jon while they clean, oil, and set-up this train set under the tree.  It's actually pretty cool - there are sounds and lights and steam, oh my.  Can't wait to see the finished project!



2 comments:

Misty said...

That is such a classic Christmas thing. I can't wait for pictures of the finished product!

Anonymous said...

I remember having a train around the tree when I was a kid. The Lionell store was just down the street from my Dad's NYC office on 42nd st. and Lexington.

It is REALLY WONDERFUL having our entire family home for the holidays, even if we aren't in the same places.

I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS! I LOVE THE GIVING ( giving makes 2 people happy, the giver AND the getter) and the excitement AND having the shopping DONE so I don't have to drag Dad thru the stores. He makes the Grinch seem LOVEABLE when it comes to
Christmas shopping.

MOM