Friday, September 7, 2007

I killed the frog.

Tonight we had a huge cookout with all of our neighbors (12 adults and 10 kids) and Kurt made his famous rice and beans and it was a great party, lots of fun. We have a fairly large house, but it didn't have quite enough seating for everyone. The ladies ended up eating in the dining room sitting on the comfy chairs while the guys ended up in the living room making due with whatever they could find, as it should be :)



Then it came time for everyone to go home. Some of the neighbors live behind us so they went out the back door. Well, we have this pet frog (sort of) that likes to sleep in our patio umbrella during the day and hang on our glass back door at night. He's been around for months now and we really liked him. I knew he was there, but I didn't pay attention when I opened the door and I accidentally broke the poor guy (or gal's) leg, smashing it in the door crack. He ended up on our wall inside dragging his leg behind him. Kurt didn't think that was very humane, so he took him outside and introduced him to the bottom of his shoe. I asked Kurt if he was sure he was dead and he just laughed. It was very sad. I killed the frog.


2 comments:

Mari said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You guys!!!! horrible. i'm glad kurt put it out of it's misery instead of trying to nurse it back to health like i would always do with the half dead birds mikey would bring in.

DougE said...

Yea, Mari, I'd avoid bringing birds into the house to nurse back to health. Gabe may decide to shoot & eat them.