Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Changes

Well, I don't have any good pregnancy stories yet, but there are a few things I've noticed:

I eat a lot. Well, I've always eaten a lot so it's not a huge change, but now I need to have 2 bowls of cereal instead of one to fill me up in the morning. And I get hungry for lunch around 10:30, so I have to eat two lunches too. At this stage I think the baby is about the size of a grain of rice, so I'm wondering how something that small can eat so much?

I sleep a lot. Well, I've always slept a lot, so that's not a huge change either, but now I just feel a little more tired than I used to. I think I'm blaming my laziness on pregnancy, but why not! I pretty much keep the same sleep schedule as Micaela which is convenient. I've been skipping PT in the morning and just exercising at lunch which is a lot nicer than waking up at 0500.

I get headaches. I think I've been getting headaches because I've significantly cut back on my caffeine intake. I still have a few sips of coffee in the morning just to cheer me up, but other than that I'm drinking mostly water during the day.

I've actually lost a little weight. This isn't a huge surprise since now I've cut out the beer or two a day and all the soda that I was having before. Those empty calories are no longer part of my diet (although not by choice). Who would have thought that being pregnant would make you healthier (and maybe a little lazy)?

And finally, the question I get asked most - No, I haven't had any morning sickness. But, there have been some strange noises coming from my stomach. Whether I'm hungry, or food is having trouble being digested, or Alfred(a) is trying to learn to belch, I'm not sure, but I'll take it any day over being sick.

1 comment:

Mari said...

You'll make up for the weight lost later on when you just have to have a big mac/coldstone/bag of chili cheese fritos etc. And when you figure out that milkshakes are a good substitution for beer.