Friday, September 14, 2007

Soccer Moms

Micaela had her first soccer practice on Wednesday. We showed up a few minutes early because I didn't know exactly where to go. The group that practices the session before Micaela is the same age group and the moms were just crazy. There were about 30 kids out running around with their soccer balls in seemingly no organized fashion and all the moms (about 10 or so) were lined up with their butterfly chairs and coolers watching, sipping their lemonade. You would have thought it was the world cup of youth soccer, but no, just the first practice. I guess I didn't get memo, I didn't bring a chair or a cooler. Instead I sat in the car and listened to a book on tape. I'm a nerd. But Micaela loved it and was much better at it than gymnastics. Plus I think it took a lot more energy out of her. Now I just have to go buy her matching cleats, shin guards, and a soccer ball so she can look like all the other soccer mom's kids.

2 comments:

Mari said...

And get a mini van with a big soccer bumper sticker. Did you at least watch her from the car?

ReAnnon said...

What do you need to look like the other Soccer mom's? Dont you deserve something new too?