Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day - Mom, Mari, Shellie, and any other mom who reads this! It's been a great day for me so far. I slept in an extra hour before my stomach decided that I needed food and woke me up, then I relaxed in the TV room, read a book, took a nap, and pretty much did nothing all day. I was kind of hoping that Jonathan would come today so that I wouldn't have to go to work tomorrow, but no such luck, oh well. Kurt left at 5am this morning and still isn't back, so Micaela has been taking care of herself and cleaning up all her messes and letting me relax. She got me an awesome Mother's Day gift:


I don't know what's better, the necklace or the card :) I've reminded her of the "I will listen" twice and she actually smiled and did what I told her, how great! Our friends the Covaney's invited us over for a cook-out tonight and it was really fun and I enjoyed having other adults to hang out with. They had their whole family over and they are all just funny, kind of like our family.

I also have some cute pictures from Mari's visit that were taken with my camera.


















Just so you know, Mari asked me if I cleaned the dog cages everyday and I said, "oh yeah, every day" very sarcastically (I'm way too lazy to do anything like that). Well, she didn't pick up on the sarcasm and therefore let Caroline play, oops. Sorry Mari! But just so you know, I did do a good cleaning of the cages the week before they got here so all that was in the cage was a little dirt.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Aww... Happy Mother's Day!

DougE said...

BABY WATCH!?!?!?!??! WHERE'S THE UPDATE?!?!?!? THE ONLY REASON FOR THERE TO BE NO BABY WATCH UPDATE IS HAVING A BABY!!!!