Friday, July 27, 2007

Cheese

I love cheese. I think all Erdman's are cheese-lovers actually. Except maybe Bob, he said something once about lactose-intolerance, but I think he was at least a former cheese-lover. Anyways, with Kurt and Micaela gone, cheese has gone from a dairy product to a meal for me. Last night for dinner I had a block (big block) of Dubliner Irish cheese and a glass of red wine. There's some nutritional value in that right? Since that wasn't all too filling, I had cereal for dessert (now a much more complete meal). But, I am determined to go grocery shopping at some point before Kurt gets home and to cook a meal from my new cookbooks that I hopefully won't make a mess of. I will let you know how it goes. Back to being lazy...

4 comments:

Mari said...

Oh, Bob likes cheese. I heard a story about how he ate a whole block of cheddar one time...

Bob Erdman said...

I was 'medicated' at the time.

Liz and Kurt said...

I've eaten too much cheese this week. A whole block in the past four days, yuck. It's a little ambitious, but I randomly flipped open each of my cookbooks and decided I was going to make whatever I opened it up to - quiche Lorraine, lasagna, and cheaters chocolate cheesecakeI'm pretty excited about that last one. I'll let you know if I burn down the kitchen.

DougE said...

Perhaps you should learn to crawl before you go entering the Olympics, Liz. How about starting with boiling some water for tea & then go from there if you don't explode the water.