Thursday, July 19, 2007

Levels of blondeness

I've reached a new peak - try to top this one. What happens when you go to slam a car door shut but forget to move your head out of the way first? You get this:
I was cleaning the trash out of the pocket in the drivers door and went to close the door but didn't move fast enough to get out of the way. The inside of the door hit my face really hard and it hurt! I even heard something crack and my upper teeth on that side went numb for about 5-10 minutes. How the hell do you slam your face in a car door!!!! I don't think I could replicate the incident if I tried. It's been about a half hour now and it still hurts a little and will probably bruise. Luckily that part of your cheekbone is pretty strong so I don't think I broke anything. If I did though, I would blame it on my blondeness which has reached a new level - something to be proud of, huh?










3 comments:

Bob Erdman said...

Oh my. I don't know what to say. . . .

How can anyone make fun of someone who slams a car door into their own head.

It's like calling a retard a retard. There isn't a good natured jab for this one.

Liz and Kurt said...

Very clever Bob...

I figured out what went wrong, I'm used to small cars where I stand up and my head is above the car - not the case with the Jeep (which I just got back yesterday). The Jeep is really high compared to the rental I had and I just wasn't used to it. Sounds like a good excuse right?

Misty said...

Gah! I bet you're nicely bruised by now. I want pictures. :)

Seriously, I hope you're okay!