Monday, July 16, 2007

Not the only blonde in the family...

Last Friday Kurt and Micaela left for Pennsylvania for two weeks. Kurt was going up there to fly and get a lot of his annual flight requirements out of the way. Micaela was going up because it's a lot more fun with Grandma than it is at summer school. They packed Friday morning and left after I got home from work. I was actually a little excited to have a weekend all to myself to get the house cleaned, ride my bike, go to the pool and swim laps, and to just relax. Then I got a call Friday night. Kurt asked what my plans were for the weekend and then asked if I felt like coming up to PA for a night - he had left his helmet and flight vest in the closet. Oops. Those things are kind of crucial to flying. Being the good person that I am, I woke up at 6am on Saturday, did a quick clean of the house, threw in a load of laundry, bought car sickness medicine for the dogs and was on my way. It's not a bad drive, about 6 hours if there's traffic. The only thing that sucked was that I was in a rental car (Jeep is in the shop for bad brakes) that didn't have cruise control. I realize now that it's a necessary feature if you're going to be driving a lot. Overall, it turned out to be a nice weekend. It's good to know that I'm not the only one in the family who has blonde moments.

No comments: