Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Birds

I hate birds. I still have a very clear memory of waking up in the middle of the night when I was about 6, walking out to the entryhall and seeing this bird going crazy and running into the walls. It scared the crap out of me and remember screaming bloody murder. I haven't really liked birds since then. Moths either. Really, not a big fan of any flying animal/insect. So when I got home today I was less than thrilled to see two finches flying around the garage. Stupid birds, the garage door is big, and they still couldn't figure out how to get out. I tried throwing crackers down near the door and just ended up with a messy garage. I'm leaving the door open, I hope they're gone by tomorrow. I hate birds...

4 comments:

DougE said...

Birds are a fear of all Erdmans. Bob & I hate dealing w/ them too. A couple of months ago, a finch got stuck in the porch & I had to have Shellie go over to capture & release it.

Unknown said...

So I guess it's fair to say that if Mom ever gets the chickens that she dreams about, you won't be interested in tending to the flock.

Mari said...

haha. tending the flock of mom's chickens. that's a funny thought.

Bob Erdman said...

Weird week for birds. I came into church on Sunday and found a sparrow had made it's way into our main hallway sometime Saturday. I opened up both sets of doors leading to the outside. The little shit had three choices of where to go, two of which were his freedom.

He chose the third and made his way upstairs to the classrooms. He eventually made his way to the Baptistery and into the Worship Center.

I haven't seen him since I left on Sunday, perhaps the Hispanic Church caught him and cooked him for a snack.