Monday, May 14, 2007

Jinxed

After my "phases" posting, dad wrote me this, "As for the phases, I’m glad that you got the car wrecking phase out of your system early on and hopefully it will never make a re-appearance. " And then this happened. Yes, that is scotch tape holding my tail light on. How did it happen? Well I was too lazy to walk three houses down carrying heavy poker chips, so I drove. We finished playing at around midnight and I went to leave. Our friends driveway is sort of long and it's gravel with a big ditch near the street. I was using Kurt's trick of using the mirrors to back up instead of turning around and looking where I was going. Bad idea, don't do that. I made it out of the driveway and over the ditch and to the street where I turned the wheel hard and kind of missed that our other friends car was parked on the side of the road. Oops. Luckily their car wasn't damaged. Total cost for a new tail-light - $100, preparing for the crap your brothers are going to give you - priceless.

4 comments:

DougE said...

Us? Give you crap? No!

Bob Erdman said...

Huh? Crap? I see no crap here.

Liz and Kurt said...

yeah, see that's just like you guys, don't say anything about it now, but next time you put together a video or next time you meet someone I'm trying to impress it's going to be a different story.

DougE said...

Would we do that? No!
Now if it was Kurt who broke the car...THAT'S a whole different ballgame.