Monday, May 7, 2007

A New Phase

I've been through many phases in my life: my shy phase, my akward phase (still might be in this one), my hat phase, my lost wallet phase, my party phase, my car-wrecking phase, and now I think I'm onto a new phase... my lost phone phase. For pretty much all of last year I used the Treo as my cell phone. A treo is one of those big blackberry email phones. Once Kurt got home I didn't need that phone anymore so I switched to a small black phone that Mari gave to me for free. It took about two months for me to lose it. I think I left it in a rental car, but I'm not entirely sure. Conveniently Mari had an extra little black phone and I was able to reactivate my account after about a week. In the meantime I used my Army cell phone, a big blackberry phone. I don't really use the blackberry except to check my email when I leave work early and feel guilty. So the other day I was at the hospital for a doctor's appointment and I turned the blackberry off. After my appointment was over I drove straight home. On the way home I tried to turn my blackberry on to check for messages and I couldn't figure out how to turn it on... I'm not all that smart. So I threw it on the passenger seat and that was the last time I saw it. That was a week and a half ago. It's bad enough losing your personal cell phone, but losing an Army cell phone... now that's embarrasing. That's the kind of thing you yell at your Soldiers for. Oops. I honestly don't know what happened. I've scoured the car, cleaned the house, it's gone! Agh. Maybe I should counsel myself.

Unfortunately, I think Micaela is starting to take after me too, her first lost wallet. She had $26 in it too, more than I've had in mine for the past week. Can't really get mad at her about that one though, can I?

I'm helpless.

2 comments:

Mari said...

You're going to find all those phones together, laughing at you. Have you checked in the spare tire? That's where your wallet was that one time...

DougE said...

You realize that most of those phases aren't really phases, they're sub-phases under one big phase that unfortunately you're going to be in forever - THE BLONDE PHASE.

Mari's lucky, her hair is a little darker, so she isn't as bad as you.