Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Blackberry

I got an email from my boss yesterday with "come see me about the lost blackberry?" in the subject line. Nothing else. My first thought was "s*@$, I forgot to tell Mr. Jones about that". I walked over to the next building, already a little shaky from my morning caffeine jolt and knocked on his door. Mr. Jones is a big guy who always looks serious, but is pretty good-natured. He looked really serious that morning. He asked me to tell him about the phone, so I told him that I had it turned off and couldn't figure out how to turn it on, left it in my passenger seat, then had to head home unexpectedly, etc. He looks at me (I'm expecting a lecture) and says "have you looked in the freezer?". What? Then he turns around and grabs his wallet and tells me that I'm looking at a once frozen wallet. One day he laid it on top of the fridge, forgot about it, opened the freezer door and it fell in, didn't find it until months later. Then he tells me something even better! Last week COL Russell, my boss's boss, lost his laptop computer. After having the young Soldier who works for him call all the places he had been that day, he ended up finding it with some honest guy who worked at the car wash. He did lecture me on how I should have told him first, but he didn't make a big deal of it. Thank goodness.

2 comments:

Mari said...

You should have told him about the wallet you found in the spare tire of the jeep.

DougE said...

Liz,

This story just proves that your decision to be in the military was a correct one. You're with a bunch of people just like you.